The ForeclosureHelp program is recruiting a new program manager, position description is below:
FORECLOSUREHELPSCC PROGRAM MANAGER
THIS IS A FULL TIME, TEMPORARY POSITION FROM JUNE 15, 2013 TO JUNE 30, 2014HISTORY AND MISSION
Housing Trust Silicon Valley (HTSV) (formerly Housing Trust of Santa Clara County, Inc.) is a leading nonprofit organization dedicated to increasing the supply of affordable housing in Silicon Valley. Founded in 2000 with the support of corporate and community investors, the mission of the Housing Trust is to serve as a catalyst to develop desperately-needed affordable housing in Silicon Valley through a mix of corporate and community investors. The Housing Trust is dedicated to building and sustaining a revolving loan fund and grant-making program that will leverage other housing resources throughout the Silicon Valley. The Housing Trust is the lead agency of the ForeclosureHelpSCC Consortium (Consortium) made up of 7 nonprofit organizations.
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
The Manager plays a key role in the management of the ForeclosureHelpSCC Program and in coordinating the seven member organizations of theconsortium. The Program is funded through a Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds awarded to the Consortium. This position is for a twelve (12) month period.ForeclosureHelpSCC offers free assistance to eligible at risk homeowners and tenants in San Jose and Sunnyvale. The Manager is employed by the Housing Trust Silicon Valley. The Manager should possess excellent housing counseling and relationship building skills to work in this environment. This role will include coordination, scheduling and oversight of volunteers and foreclosure prevention counselors, as well as the day-to-day program operations. The Manager is also responsible for oversight of the Saturday satellite office. The Manager must have exceptional organizational skills and possess outstanding written and verbal communication skills. The Manager will be responsible maintaining the program’s website, blog and Facebook. The Manager will all be responsible for all Grant reporting.
General Management (40%)
• General operations management of the ForeclosureHelpSCC Program and Center. Manage and monitor work load to ultimately meet the goals and performance measures as established in the approved Application.
a) Coordinate an effective marketing and outreach plan with consortium members, to reach homeowners and tenants who are at risk of foreclosure in San Jose or Sunnyvale
b) Ensure culturally sensitive service is provided by all staff
c) Ensure eligibility requirements are met and that at least 51% of clients are Low Moderate Income or 80% of Area Median Income
d) Provide documentation package quality control to ensure referral to foreclosure counselor is seamless and streamlined
e) Familiarity with required foreclosure prevention intake documentation and client budget preparation
Supervision and Volunteer Coordination (25%)
Responsible for the coordination, supervision and leadership of a pool of approximately 20 real estate and lending professional volunteers
• Precision scheduling of volunteers and counselors, including client language match as required
• Ensure timely and accurate data input and reporting (experience with SalesForce, CounselorMax, or HCO Online would be helpful)
• Familiarity with federal rules and regulations, specifically Community Development Block Grant (CDBG)
• Ability to detect mortgage scams and proper reporting
• Represent the HTSV in the consortium at meetings and to the public at large
• Staff the Foreclosure Steering Committee and attend other related meetings as required and/or necessary
• Develop an effective referral relationship with health and human service, housing counseling and placement, and employment service agencies
• Coordinate on-going foreclosure prevention outreach and educational events
• Assist with the coordination of 1-2 annual foreclosure prevention fairs
• Familiarity with the various foreclosure prevention/mitigation services, including National Foreclosure Mitigation Counseling (NFMC), and various “Making Home Affordable” programs
• Responsible for the implementation of a Language Access Plan to ensure limited English participants have access to services
• BS/BA in a related field preferred.
• HUD certification preferred
• Five years of progressively increasing responsibilities including supervision experience
• Prior foreclosure related experience both on the lending and real estate sides
• Excellent communication skills, both writing and verbal skills
• A commitment to foreclosure prevention issues strongly preferred
• Experience in maintaining websites, blogs and Facebook
• Organized, entrepreneurial self-starter; able to identify what needs to get done, then willing and able to make it happen
• Great attention to detail and follow-through. Sense of ownership; passionate for results.
Please email a cover letter explaining why you are suited for and interested in this position, along with your resume and a sample of your writing related to foreclosure and related issues.
NO CALLS PLEASE.
Benefits include Paid Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and 401(k) plan.
An equal opportunity employer to all regardless of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, actual or perceived gender identity, age or sexual orientation.