By Sean Coffey, MPA, Program Manager, ForeclosureHelpSCC
- What is your position on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and allowing principal reductions for homeowners? If elected or re-elected, would you consider changing this policy so they could allow principal reductions? (In addition to principal reductions for Fannie and Freddie Loans through Keep Your Home California).
- Would you push for extension of the Mortgage Debt Forgiveness Act which is set to expire in December 2012?
- Will you push to extend the Independent Foreclosure Review (and potentially the foreclosure refund under the Attorney General settlement) deadline so that more people can learn about it?
- Is there anything you would change with current system of modifications, short-sales, and foreclosures?
- Do you think we have put adequate policies in place to prevent another mortgage meltdown and foreclosure crisis?
ForeclosureHelpSCC is sponsoring a FREE foreclosure resource fair here in San Jose on October 20th at Overfelt High School from 9am to 3pm.. Come meet with a HUD-approved housing counselor, learn about your options, and make a plan. Visit our website or blog post for more information, or you can call us to register: 408-293-6000.
If you are a homeowner living in San Jose or Sunnyvale and are struggling with your mortgage, please contact ForeclosureHelpSCC, a program funded by the City of San Jose and the City of Sunnyvale at (408)-293-6000 or visit our website: www.foreclosurehelpscc.org. Our HUD-approved counselors can help you evaluate your options, learn more about federal and state programs that may help you with your mortgage issues, and will help you create a plan forward.
Please note: All content included in the ForeclosureHelpSCC blog is provided for information only and should NOT be considered legal or tax advice. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us on our hotline: (408)-293-6000, or visit our website: www.foreclosurehelpscc.org or send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org.